Friday, October 3, 2008

Skating Away on the Thin Ice of a New Day...

Just got in from my run and my favorite Jethro Tull song, "Skating Away..." was playing on the iPod. It made me think of how I am kind of skating away on the thin ice of a new day myself, in the sense that it's a brand new start with my own business. With the gym opening in a little over a week I was thinking last night about how far it's come from the first day about a year ago when I read the article about the Monkey Bar Gym in Wisconsin and thought what a fantastic idea it was. Yesterday I picked up my Certificate of Occupancy at Nashua City Hall. The gym is very close to completion and will be open for business Oct 13 as scheduled. Although next week I'm going to have the people in for a workout or two that were attending the outdoor FIT sessions this past Summer.

It's a little scary. But I've received overwhelmingly positive feedback on what we're doing and I think it's going to go really well.. I heard a quote once that said "If your dream doesn't scare you then it's not big enough".. Well this one scares me a little bit so I think it's plenty big..

Workout today:
- 20 minutes of Joint Mobility (as we get older, we can not do enough joint mobility exercises)
- 70 pistols (35 each side in sets of 2x10, 1x15) I did these unweighted and barefoot which is a lot more difficult than if you're holding a weight in front of you (unless it's a really, really heavy weight) or if you're wearing a shoe (try it if you don't believe it)
- 5 mile trail run with plyo jumps along the way
- 2 minute set of front squats with 2x16kg kettlebells (33 reps)
- 2x25 jackknifes
- 2x30 corkscrews, which is a great core exercise where you start on your back and lift your body into a shoulder stand while twisting your torso.



All the best,
kevin

No comments: