Thursday, October 9, 2008

FINALLY!!!

Well, we finally got our first group workout in at the gym.. We had a select group come in for a sneak peek of the gym before our official opening date of Oct 13 and we got a great workout in.. The workout was a Functional Interval Training session that consisted of:

Jump Rope 
Hanging Leg Raises
Single or Double Kettlebell Front Squats
Hindu Pushups
Kettlebell Swings

We did this workout in a 40sec:20sec work:rest ratio and completed 6 rounds.. It's been about 3 weeks since the last of the outdoor FIT sessions that I had been running so everybody was psyched to get back at it and they really loved the gym (or at least that's what they told me.. i think they all knew that if they said anything different i would have been crushed and i probably would have banned them from the gym for life :)  I'd like to thank Rick, Sarah, Lynne, Sharon, George, Tina, Michele for coming to the session and giving me a great effort, Catherine for joining in and reminding us that we do this because it's fun, and especially Michele for taking the video and watching the kids in the lounge area while the rest of us got to enjoy ourselves... I promised her I get the kid duty next time...



One more pre-opening workout Friday morning at 6am and then we're open to the public on Monday Oct 13th... I know what you're thinking.. "C'mon, are you really going to have your first day of being open to the public on Columbus Day?".. I thought about it and I asked myself what would Christopher Columbus do in the same situation, and the answer was obvious.. Clearly, while Columbus and his men were on their way to America to discover the people who discovered America they had to do something in their spare time on the Nina, Pinta, and Santa Maria.. I doubt they brought a bunch of elliptical machines, treadmills and Nautilus equipment with them.. Hell, as old as Chuck Norris is I don't think he was around to sell those guys one of those stupid "Total Gym" things from the infomercials (I'm pretty sure Norris wasn't born until some time in the 1600's).. There's no doubt in my mind that you could have found Columbus and his crew doing burpees, pushups, pullups, jumping rope and all kinds of full body functional workouts. So tell me, is there any better way to honor Columbus and his crew than to open the first functional conditioning gym the Greater Nashua area has ever seen? Of course not! Hope to see everybody bright and early Monday morning for our 6am session. Happy Columbus Day :)

All the best,
Kevin

No comments: