Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Workout of the Day

I just started a new blog which will be updated daily. It's called the Dynamic Workout of the Day. In it I'll be posting the workout of the day from the gym or maybe I'll throw in a workout of my own for people to try on their own. 

Today's workout (not on the new blog) that I put myself through was one of my forearm rehab workouts. Same workout I put the spartans through last night, except I used a lower weight then most of them did.. The workout was:

8 min jump rope warmup
50 1 arm kettlebell swings on each arm
50 1 arm snatches on each arm
50 goblet squats
50 1 arm contra-lateral row on each side
50 1 arm long cycle on each arm

I did the whole workout without stopping with a 12kg kettlebell (except for the goblet squats, i grabbed a 16kg for those).. Performed all 50 on each side without stopping before switching arms on every exercise.. Even though it was very light, I worked up a good sweat and gave my forearms a great low intensity workout. It took me 19:30 to complete.

I wanted to do something that was a little more difficult so I finished up with 3 sets of 10 windmills on each side with a 24kg kettlebell.. 60 24kg windmills total.. Nice finisher!

Enjoy the new blog..

All the best,
kevin

No comments: