Wednesday, November 5, 2008

No such thing as going easy...

No matter how hard I try, i'm just not programmed for "easy".. Am I taking it easy on my forearm like I said I would? Yes.. Well, kinda.. I'm not doing any heavy kettlebell work and no snatches or cleans for another week and a half.. But I have to work myself and i have to work myself hard.. When I work out I challenge myself every time out. My easy days are my rest days.. If I'm exercising, then there's nothing easy about it.. Today's workout was intended to be a 30 minute session of burpees (Michele talked me out of trying 60 minutes).. So I set off on my 30 minute burpee adventure, after warming up with about 10 minutes of jump rope.. 99.9% of the people that come through the gym hate the burpee (I've blogged about this before). The reason is because it is a damn hard exercise that works every single muscle in your body.. And when you're doing burpees for more than 30 or 40 seconds it really starts to work your head too because the urge to stop is very high.. I was just over 10 minutes into the workout at 130 burpees and I was on pace to hit 400 burpees for 30 minutes when a new potential physical culturist came in to see what we're all about.. Luckily, when she saw how hard I was working she didn't get scared and run away.. She stayed, she liked what she saw and she'll be back for sure. But my 30 minute burpee session was stalled and will have to wait for another day.. I finished my workout with an amazing full body core blast with 50+ hanging windshield wipers.. Then I was practicing another move that I've been playing with which I'm going to call the kettlebell dragon flag (video of that one coming soon). My core was pretty torched from the wipers when I started on the dragons so my form kind of sucked and was not video-worthy just yet.. I finished up with another 10 minutes of jumprope fun... Here's a video of the hanging wipers...


Excellent full body workout.. 150 burpees, 50+ hanging wipers, about 6 or 7 KB dragon flags, and 20 minutes of jumprope.. No harm done to the forearm. Will be back snatching the 32kg in no time!

Be well, train hard,
Kevin

1 comment:

dave said...

Nice stuff Kevin, Hope to get down to your new facility in the near future, Dave Parsons