Sunday, December 19, 2010

Relax...

Last race of the year yesterday. Over 8000 miles and 500 hours on the road and trails. 38 road, MTB, and cyclocross races. 2010 is in the books. My focus this year was sharper than ever. My efforts had more purpose. My goals were specific. I came up short. I saw major improvement over previous years, and came very close to reaching my goals, but still came up short. Now that it's over, it's time to relax, reflect, and reset. I wanted to write about how it went and where it's going, but honestly, it's all too fresh to do anything coherent right now. It's like suffering a loss. Empty. Aimless. But it all starts again in a week with a re-focused sense of urgency, passion, and energy. Today there is no race, there is no prep, there is no.......... The ice is good. I'm going skating.....

No comments: